Oatmeal is usually breakfast food. I decided to go on a mission to try and create some lunch time oatmeal options.
Please keep an open mind because things are going to get more experimental in my kitchen! You have been warned…
In my humble opinion, this is a quick, tasty and hearty way to enjoy oatmeal at lunch! Let me know your thoughts!
To make my spicy coconut prawns with oatmeal, you will need:-
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (add more curry paste if you have a high spicy tolerance level)
- 1 diced red onion
- 200ml vegetable stock
- ½ cup peeled cooked prawns
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- Asparagus spears
1. Heat up 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan
2. Add 1 teaspoon garlic paste and 1 teaspoon of red curry paste
3. I used a curry paste which came in a tub called “Mae Ploy” which I picked up from an Asian supermarket
4. Add 1 diced red onion and stir until fragrant
5. Add 200ml of vegetable stock
6. Add ½ cup of peeled cooked prawns
7. Add 2/3 cup of oatmeal
8. Once oatmeal looks cooked remove from heat and garnish with poached egg, asparagus spears and cracked black pepper
Et Voila Spicy Coconut Prawns with Oatmeal!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.