Like most people living in Australia today, I am blessed with a day off from work because of the public holiday to celebrate the Queen’s birthday.
My gorgeous friends at Party of 11 put together an excellent breakfast menu idea on their blog today to celebrate Her Majesty’s big day.
Part of their breakfast menu included a suggestion to use my sticky apple protein snack in a Breakfast Trifle. Well then…I had to give it a go didn’t I?
I recommend you read Party of 11’s post in all its glory.
I made Breakfast Trifles for my husband and I after our early morning workouts and I must say it was a huge HIT!
Thank you Party of 11 for thinking of me and for inspiring my breakfast today!
Oh – and if by pure chance, your Royal Majesty happens to be reading this – HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! xXx
To make Breakfast Trifles, you will need:-
- Frozen mixed berries
- Sticky cinnamon apples – you can get the recipe here
- 1 big muffin (I used homemade pecan muffins – recipe to be uploaded shortly)
- Thick and creamy yoghurt (I used Soliel vanilla yoghurt)
- Crumble muffin into glass
- Layer sticky cinnamon apples on top
- Spoon yoghurt on top
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 until you get to the top of the glass
- Top with frozen berries and more crumbled muffin
Et Voila Breakfast Trifles!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.