I created this yummy frittata loaf recently and just couldn’t wait to share my idea with you all! Not only was it super delicious but it looked very pretty on the plate.
The message on the top of the frittata loaf is of course entirely optional but I think it adds a little something extra.
I present to you my homemade bacon and egg frittata loaf (which was made with love!).
Does anyone else enjoy writing messages on their food?
To make my bacon and egg frittata loaf recipe, you will need:-
- 1 zucchini (slice ¾ into long thin strips with a potato peeler and dice the remaining ¼)
- 2 small onions diced
- Around 6 lean bacon slices
- 450 grams of seasoned mashed sweet potato
- 150 grams egg white (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Brown diced onions and diced ¼ zucchini in a hot pan
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Line the bottom of tin with bacon
- Separate ¾ of your mashed sweet potato mixture and arrange in a long strip down the middle of the tin (lengthways)
- Line all four sides of tin with a layer of bacon
- Line all four sides of the tin with zucchini strips
- Line either side of the mashed sweet potato with zucchini strips
- Add cooked onion and zucchini into the gap created by the zucchini strips
- Put the seasoned egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk in the remaining ¼ of your mashed sweet potato mixture
- Pour the egg white/sweet potato mixture into your tin
- Decorate the top of your frittata with any remaining pieces of bacon
- Bake your frittata for 20 – 25 minutes until the egg is set
Et Voila Bacon and Egg Frittata Loaf!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.
Remember to only use about 3/4 of the sweet potato mash. You will need the rest later!
Line the bottom and side of tin with bacon
Start layering your zucchini strips around the tin
Add more zucchini strips around the tin and lay on either side of sweet potato mash
Fill the cavity with cooked diced onions and diced zucchini
Mix egg whites and the remaining sweet potato mash together and pour on top of everything. Make a message out of remaining bacon strips.
Bake in the oven until egg is set
Ahhh…pretty happy food…I EAT YOU!
Slice the loaf and this is the pretty pattern you will see
It almost looks like an egg yolk right?!
The perfect snack!