The clever thing about this recipe is that it is essentially just chicken, vegetables and nuts!
It does take a bit of preparation. For a start, you need to soak some cashew nuts overnight. If time is not on your side, you could try just substituting the cashews for extra cottage cheese.
Once you have prepped your separate layers, it is just a matter of layering the casserole dish and throwing it in the oven.
The recipe still tasted yummy the next day for lunch.
To make my no-pasta chicken lasagne, you will need:-
- One eggplant cut into fairly thick slices
- 4-5 zucchinis cut into fine strips (I used a wide bladed potato peeler)
- 2 x 500g packets of chicken mince
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 420g tinned sweet corn
- 250g cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 4 onions
- 3 chopped vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 teaspoon garlic paste
- Huge handful of parsley
- Huge handful of basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1.5 cups (approx. 220g) cashew nuts soaked in water over night in the fridge
- 1.5 cups (approx. 220g) creamed cottage cheese
- 250g box of cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven 200 °C or 400 °F
- In a large saucepan (medium heat), sauté the onions and garlic paste in a splash of olive oil
- Add the chicken mince and stir until chicken is cooked through
- Add tinned tomatoes, sweet corn, chopped tomatoes and stir
- Add mashed sweet potato to thicken the sauce
- Season with salt, pepper and add chopped herbs
- Layer your casserole dish with eggplant
- Then layer with chicken mince
- Then layer with zucchini strips
- Then layer with cashew cheese
- Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10 above until all ingredients are in casserole dish
- Top with cherry tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and (optional) parmesan cheese
- Cover your casserole dish in tin foil and bake for 35 – 40 minutes
Et Voila No-Pasta Chicken Lasagne!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.
Start off with lining the bottom of the dish with thick slices of eggplant
Add some cheeky chicken mince
Layer with thin slices of zucchini
Spread some cashew cheese and keep repeating layers
Top with cherry tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper
Sprinkle some parsley, cover in tin foil and BAKE!
Et Voila home made Chicken Lasagna!
Cheesy grin alert!! I am happiest when I make (and eat) food! xXx