Do you like fudge? I love fudge! Soft, sweet rich and fabulous fudge is usually made by mixing sugar, butter and milk. This recipe is jam packed with protein.
Bear in mind that all food should be taken in moderation and given the high amount of protein powder in this particular recipe, I urge you to exercise mindfulness when treating yourself to these little bites of banana fudgy goodness! It is always best in my opinion to get your sources of protein from food such as chicken, turkey, eggs and so forth rather than powders.
For this particular recipe, I used Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder.
If you want to be extra clever, grab some apple halves and use a melon baller to scoop out some apple flesh. Rub lime juice into the apple to stop it from going brown and press some fudge into it before sticking the apples halves in the freezer! Et voila Banana Protein Fudge Apples! xXx
To make my banana protein fudge, you will need:-
- ½ cup (60g) banana protein powder
- ½ cup (60g) vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 cups of oat flour (simply blend dry oatmeal)
- An extra ¼ cup of oat flour may be needed depending on what type of protein powder you used
- 1 mashed banana
- 100ml soy milk/almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Dried banana chips
1. Put banana and protein powder in bowl and mix well
2. Add 2/3 cup of oat flour and milk and mix well
3. Add 1/3 cup of coconut flour and mix well
4. Depending on the consistency you have right now, add the remaining oat flour and continue to mix
5. You are looking for a really soft dough consistency
6. Line a small Tupperware box with baking paper. I used a rectangle box measuring 15cm x 9xm
7. Press mixture evenly into box and decorate top with banana chips
8. Leave in freezer for a couple of hours until you are ready to eat
9. You will need to wait for the fudge to thaw slightly before chopping it up and eating
Et Voila Banana Protein Fudge!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.