I adore eating sushi.
I made a homemade healthier version with no white rice in sight.
Quinoa is a protein packed seed which is considered as a superfood.
To make quinoa sushi rolls, you will need:-
- A packet of square nori seaweed sheets
- 4 cups of cooked seasoned quinoa
- Your favourite sushi roll items chopped into long thin strips where possible (I used cooked prawns, grated carrot, asparagus, fresh mint and coriander, low fat creamed cottage cheese)
- Bamboo rolling mat (I managed to make these without one)
- Cling wrap
- Put a layer of cling wrap on top of bamboo rolling mat and place a sheet of seaweed on top
- Spread cooked quinoa in a long thin line at one end of the square sheet
- Place a selection of your favourite sushi roll items on top of the cooked quinoa
- Roll the bamboo mat so that you make a tube with the seaweed with the quinoa and sushi roll items inside
- Dampen the end edge with some water so that the tube will stay in place once rolled
- Remove bamboo mat and cling wrap from under your sushi roll and use a sharp knife to slice up your roll
- Repeat until you have a pretty plate of quinoa sushi rolls!
Et Voila Quinoa Sushi Rolls without the white rice!
Until next time – stay happy and healthy!
Please remember to ‘LIKE’ my Facebook Page The Baking Mad Gym Addict for future recipes.
I didn’t have a bamboo rolling mat but still managed to roll them up with cling wrap!
I added freshly squeezed lemon juice and cracked black pepper to the quinoa mixture before adding them to the sushi rolls!
Various ingredients in the fridge were used – just get creative! I experimented by adding to the quinoa:- fresh prawns, grated carrot, celery, asparagus, fresh herbs and creamed cottage cheese.
Mmmm…Delectable bite sized delights of yummy goodness.